Wales will become one the Best Places in the World to be a Sailor – because:
We aspire to have a thriving network of clubs and centres who work together to introduce and retain people in sailing/boating and engage them in lifelong participation in our sport.
- Wales aspires to be the best performing Region in the UK because of the quality of our performance pathway, coaching and events programme.
These aspirations will be achieved through:
- Accessibility: – The sport in all its forms is accessible to all. With well-resourced clubs and centres that provide a range of opportunities for adults, families and young people to participate.
- Vibrant & Active Club Network – Clubs and commercial providers working in partnership with their communities to retain participants in lifelong participation in our sport.
- Destination of Choice – For National and International events in all disciplines in partnership with the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Events Centre at Pwllheli and our member clubs. Bringing the best to Wales enabling our sailors to access appropriate competition on home waters and showcasing our beautiful natural environment.
- Developing World Class Athletes – We aspire to have a world class performance pathway that develops sailors who compete on the world stage for Team GBR.
Our Vision and aspirations are underpinned by our overall purpose:
Promote and Protect Safe, Successful & Rewarding Welsh Boating
Promote – To improve the image and raise awareness of our sport and increase participation;
- Protect – the natural marine environment and work with the RYA to maintain rights, freedoms and standards;
- Safe – work with the RYA in the leadership of safety standards & sharing of information;
Successful – at all levels and in all disciplines;
- Rewarding – challenging, fun, exciting, satisfying enjoyable, fulfilling at all levels and including volunteering;
- Boating – sailing, windsurfing, cruising, powerboating, canalboating, jetskiing, etc.
- In Wales – not just the Welsh – our visitors and marine tourists and those participating in national and international events.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!