|RYA seeks approval of new Articles of Association Changes proposed to ensure Sports Governance Code compliance. Since the RYA Board was formed in 2011 the sporting landscape has changed dramatically. All organisations seeking public funding for sport and physical activity must now meet new gold standards of governance, considered to be among the most advanced in the world. >>
Read full article here
The Annual General Meeting of the Royal Yachting Association will be held on Friday 24th November 2017 at 11:00 at One Great George Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 3AA.
More details can be found in the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2017, which can
be found on the Annual Report and Accounts page.
2017 AGM AGENDA
HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL, KG, KT, GCVO, QSO
NOTICE OF AGM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE ROYAL YACHTING ASSOCIATION WILL BE HELD ON 24TH NOVEMBER 2017 AT 11:00 AT ONE GREAT GEORGE STREET, WESTMINSTER, LONDON SW1P 3AA
1. To approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 18th November 2016 (circulated with the Spring 2017 issue of RYA Magazine).
2. To receive the Report of the Board of Directors and Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2017 (together with the report of the Independent Auditor).
3. To elect the President for the ensuing year: HRH The Princess Royal, the retiring President, is eligible for re-election and has signified her willingness to continue to serve in office.
4. To appoint the Auditor and to delegate to the Board of Directors authority to fix the remuneration of the Auditor.
5. Special Business to consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following Special Resolution: That the Company’s Articles of Association be altered so as to take the form of the Articles of Association attached to this resolution and prefaced by an explanatory document signed by the Chairman, in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, any Articles of Association previously registered with the Registrar of Companies.
6. To announce the names of members elected to the Board: The names of the successful candidates elected by the RYA Council will be announced at the meeting.
7. The meeting to note that there will be a ceremony later in the day to present the following awards: RYA Awards for distinguished services to boating
RYA Community Awards
RYA Family Award for collective services to boating
RYA Sailability Francis Elkin Award for services to sailing for the disabled
8. Any other business
Any matters raised under Agenda Item 8 cannot form part of the official business of the meeting and thus may not be proposed as formal motions. This item is included purely to afford members an opportunity for informal discussion.
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS ATTENDING THE AGM
Please bring your voting paper to the AGM. If you appoint a proxy to attend in your place they must bring the voting paper. Clubs and classes will have received their voting paper with this Annual Report & Accounts. Personal and Life members will have received this in the Strategic Report included in the autumn issue of RYA Magazine. The voting paper forms part of the Strategic Report.
Please allow sufficient time to enable staff to verify your identity and your right to attend the meeting. Attendees should also bring proof of ID (passport/driving licence with photo) and a valid RYA membership card (or proxy card in the case of an appointed representative); failure to do so could result in delayed entry. Please note that bag searches may be conducted by security staff.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!