The course is delivered over a period of 6 months with candidates initially applying to attend the Assessment Weekend. Please see RCL3 Course Process document to the right of this page.
Dinghy, Keelboat and Windsurf coaches are all invited to apply.
- A UK sailor or sailors who are working with UK clubs, Class Associations or the British Sailing Team
- Gained a minimum of 50 hours coaching experience
- Safety Boat certificate
- Approved and valid RYA First Aid certificate (Approved First Aid List)
- An RYA member
- Summary of how you have improved and reflected on your coaching over the past 2 years
If your application is successful you will:
- Be required to attend an Assessment Weekend
- Complete a Knowledge Check
- Pay £100 to confirm your attendance at the Assessment Weekend
You will be informed at the Assessment Weekend if you have a place on the Racing Coach Level 3 course.
- Commit to attend the course which will comprise of 2 learning weekends
- Pay £400 to confirm your attendance on the course
Forthcoming 2019 Course dates:
- Assessment Weekend 27th & 28th April, 2019 venue (TBC)
- 8th & 9th June, 2019 Draycote Water SC
- 5th & 6th October, 2019 Rutland SC
Forthcoming 2020 Course dates:
- Assessment Weekend 25th & 26th April, 2020 Rutland SC (TBC)
- 6th & 7th June, 2020 Draycote Water SC
- 3rd & 4th October, 2020 Rutland SC (TBC)
- Application Form available to the right of this page
- Closing date for 2019 applications is 19th March, 2019
If you have any questions regarding this course, please do not hesitate to contact the RYA Coaching Department.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!