Dinghy, keelboat & multihull instructors 

This section is for all instructors teaching, or wanting to teach, the RYA Sailing Scheme. This scheme can be taught in dinghies, small keelboats and multihulls, and the instructor qualifications endorsed accordingly.

For simplicity, we will generally use the term 'dinghy instructor' here, but there is also specific information below about qualifying as a keelboat or multihull instructor.

Teaching within the RYA Sailing Scheme is progressive - you can develop your skills and qualifications by taking endorsement courses, working towards Senior Instructor level or, ultimately, becoming a Coach/Assessor.

Read more about the different types of instructor qualification:

Assistant instructor training

Dinghy, keelboat and multihull instructor training

Advanced instructor training

Racing instructor training

Senior instructor training

Instructor Courses Booklet including course dates

NOTE: Membership of the RYA (or the National Governing Body for your boating activity in your country of residence) is required in order for you to qualify or revalidate as an RYA instructor.

Contact Us

Article Published: May 19, 2009 13:31

Article Updated: May 23, 2016 11:12


Tagged with: Dinghy Cruising

Use this button to spread the word...