Why be recognised?
Each year over 165,000 people take an RYA training course through our network of over 2,500 RYA recognised training centres. Our courses are highly regarded worldwide due to the high standards maintained by our training centres and instructors.
- As an RYA recognised training centre, you are entitled to use the RYA syllabus and course materials and to issue RYA certificates for each level of the course(s) you have been recognised to deliver.
- Only RYA recognised centres are allowed to use our 'tick mark' logo. This lets your customers know that your centre has passed the high standards of the annual inspection, including safety checks. RYA inspectors look for ways to add value to your centre, helping you to offer the best possible tuition within the RYA's national training programmes.
- The fact that you are an RYA training centre can help the process of gaining accreditation from the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority.
- At windsurfing centres, you have access to trade deals for equipment such as RYA teaching sails for youth and junior windsurfing
- Clubs that are active RYA training centres have a higher priority if applying for Sports Lottery grants.
- The RYA organises annual conferences to keep principals abreast of current issues and to discuss developments.
- As a recognised centre you may utilise the RYA’s boating-related advisory services, including the legal department’s telephone helpline.
- All this and the full support of the RYA. Just pick up the phone and tap into our wealth of experience in delivering quality training.