Whether under power or sail, you simply can't beat the feeling of ultimate freedom you get from nosing your boat out of the marina and heading for new shores.
All with the promise of a snug anchorage and a yarn with your shipmates at the end of it.
'Travelling is not just about the destination, it's also about how you get there...'
- What on earth are we doing out here?
- Asks Sam Llewellyn as fog becomes drizzle becomes rain...
- The ups and downs of LED lights for navigation
- The RYA’s Cruising Manager revisits the pros and cons of using LED lights for navigation following publication of a new international standard.
- Watch out when at anchor
- Tips for anchoring safely.
- RYA cruising members’ burgee
- New cruising members’ burgee coming soon!
- Wind, tide and mechanical woes mean compromise for Sam Fortescue on a cruise to Brittany.
- Sailing the Ionian - the making of a novice sailor
- A novice sailor and her husband reach the Ionian.
- Mussel-ing in
- Successful RYA intervention maintains adequate sea room for sailing and racing in St Austell Bay, Cornwall
- Sailing the Western Mediterranean
- A novice sailor and her husband continue their adventure.
Information and Advice
For more information related to cruising try some of the following links from Information and Advice: