Whether under power or sail, you simply can't beat the feeling of ultimate freedom you get from nosing your boat out of the marina and heading for new shores.
All with the promise of a snug anchorage and a yarn with your shipmates at the end of it.
'Travelling is not just about the destination, it's also about how you get there...'
- The burning question: are flares time expired?
- Stuart Carruthers, RYA Cruising Manager, responds to your comments and questions on the carriage of pyrotechnic flares.
- Special discounted prices on London Boat Show tickets for RYA members
- RYA members can take advantage of a specially negotiated ticket price of £11.00. Buy your tickets today!
- Keep your eyes peeled and anchors at the ready
- Lessons to learn from two incidents on the Thames.
- Do you listen to the BBC Radio 4 shipping forecast?
- The BBC is seeking your views on the Radio 4 shipping forecast.
- How is the RYA representing your interests?
- Whether it’s red diesel, MCZs or flares the RYA will be at the Royal Harwich Yacht Club on 22 October to answer your questions. Book now!
- Is your beacon registered?
- Register your beacon; it could save your life.
- Flares; requirements and use.
- Carriage requirements and the use of flares for alerting and locating.
- Lock safety...
- RYA Inland Instructor Tom Sowerby shares his top tips.
Join the RYA
members save 15% on books and more at the rya shop!
All the reasons to join
Information and Advice
For more information related to cruising try some of the following links from Information and Advice...