We aim to provide our members with legal advice on all aspects of boating, ranging from issues relating to purchase, registration, consumer disputes, salvage and VAT to name just a few
We have produced a number of Information Leaflets for your assistance which can be downloaded from the site in PDF format.
After having accessed the area of interest to you, if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Legal Team Tel: 0844 5569519 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback on this part of the site is welcomed, and members are requested to send any comments, corrections or ideas for further sections to the Legal Team.
- Information on owning a boat
Buying or Selling a Boat
- Sale and Purchase Pack, available to RYA members, providing advice, guidance, publications, documentation and practical help on all aspects of buying and selling
Liability to Others
- The aim of this section of the site is to offer members an overview of the general principles that apply regarding a boat user's liability towards other people and their boats
Salvage and Towage
- The aim of this part of the site is to clarify the principles that may apply to a salvage/towage claim.
- Help with company insolvency issues
Anchoring and Visitors' Moorings
- The essence of cruising is getting out and about, visiting areas, ports, marinas and anchorages away from your home port.
Liens and Arrest
- Explanation of exactly what is meant by the term lien
- The Club and Class Associations section of the website provides guidance on some of the rules pertaining to the current firearms regulations
- Whilst boat theft is not prevalent you should know what steps to take if your boat or any of its equipment is stolen.