Buying or Selling a Boat
If you are considering buying a boat, you are probably considering making what, for most people, is a significant financial investment.
Just like buying a house or a car, when buying a boat there are many aspects to consider, to ensure you are buying the right boat for you.
Likewise if you are selling your boat you will want to make sure that the transaction runs smoothly and that you have as much legal protection as is available to you.
The Legal Team is here to help you.
We can provide advice, guidance, publications, documentation and practical help.
Guidance on Buying and Selling
- If you are considering buying a boat, you are probably considering making what, for most people, is a significant financial investment.
Buying and selling Privately
- The aim of this part of the site is to provide our members with a complete package of information relating to the different aspects of buying and selling a secondhand boat.
Buying New Boats
- The aim of this part of the site is to offer our members guidance if they are thinking of buying a new boat.
Buying and Selling through a Yacht Broker
- Guidance on buying or selling a boat through a broker
- Help and advice in relation to checking the title of a boat
Bill of Sale
- A Bill of Sale is the document that transfers legal title in a boat and should be used in all transactions.
- Help and advice on surveys
- Help and advice on syndicate ownership of boats
Inheriting a Boat and Passing Title
- Practical guidance when dealing with a boat that has been left to them or to their vendor by way of inheritance.
Buying/ selling boats abroad
- General information relating to the buying of a boat abroad from a private seller
- In this section of the site we aim to help steer a way through the minefield that is VAT.