The Marine Management Organisation has announced that in February and March 2018 it will be engaging on the draft visions and options for marine planning in the North East, North West, South East and South West (Iteration 2).
This will provide the ideal opportunity to check progress towards the development of the plans. The engagement will focus on:
- Marine plan area visions
- Draft options to address issues in each marine plan area
- The next steps in marine planning
The engagement period will take place between Monday, 29 January 2018 and Thursday, 29 March 2018. It will include workshops in each of the four marine plan areas supported by online engagement.
Dates for the diary
Further details of how to book these events will be available in early January 2018 but for now here are the dates for your diary:
North West marine plan area
- Whitehaven: Wednesday 7 February 2018
- Liverpool: Thursday 8 February 2018
South East marine plan area
- Chatham: Wednesday 21 February 2018
- London: Thursday 22 February 2018
South West marine plan area
- Newquay: Tuesday 6 March 2018
- Plymouth: Wednesday 7 March 2018
- Weston-Super-Mare: Thursday 8 March 2018
North East marine plan area
- Berwick-upon-Tweed: Tuesday 20 March 2018
- Newcastle: Wednesday 21 March 2018
- Middlesbrough: Thursday 22 March 2018
To receive information on the MMO engagement events, subscribe to Marine Planning updates.
The RYA will have representatives at events in each of the marine plan areas to ensure that the interests of recreational boaters are taken into account as part of the engagement process, however we would also encourage individuals to attend their local workshops.
Marine Information System
South Marine Plans
East Marine Plans
North East Marine Plan
North West Marine Plans
South East Marine Plan
South West Marine Plan