Following a successful bid to Sport England as part of the RYA 2013 – 17 funding bid, an opportunity to review, update and refine the RYA Champion Club programme arose.
The RYA has historically received funding from Sport England to support the RYA Champion Club programme and to allow investment into clubs with aligned objectives. The funding has enabled the RYA to support clubs with extra coaching days. During Sport England’s current funding cycle, from April 2013 to March 2017, the RYA is continuing to be able to offer support but the benefits were refined to reflect the change in funding levels available.
The RYA Champion Club programme continues to be the very foundation of the RYA Junior and Youth Racing Programme and the very bedrock of the British Sailing Team, hence the RYA and HPM team strive to continue to offer relevant benefits to RYA Champion Clubs as and when they become available.
RYA Champion Club Current Benefits
There are many continued benefits to being a RYA Champion Club, some of which include;
- Branding and “Centre of Excellence” Status for junior race training and racing
- Promotion by the RYA as an ideal venue to take young sailors in order to get them started and develop their skills
- Advice and Support from the RYA and your local High Performance Manager
- Access to coaching resources
- RYA Investment and support
- Free access to conferences and key speaker presentations
If you have any questions about the RYA Champion Club programme, please feel free to contact your local RYA High Performance Manager.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!