Become a T15 Club
Team 15 is a nationwide network of windsurfing clubs where young people aged 15 and under can get together every week to learn new windsurfing skills and have a laugh with their mates on the water.
Become a Team15 club and join the nationwide network of clubs where the young windsurfers aged 15 and under get together every week to have a great time and learn new skills.
And while they’re enjoying themselves, you’ll be helping to secure the future of windsurfing.
The RYA and Sport England are investing heavily in Team15. It’s our aim to grow the number of children in windsurfing and develop their windsurfing ability across our multi-discipline sport. It is also our aim to feed the RYA performance pathway; the foundation for podium performances at European Championships, World Championships, and ultimately the Olympic Games.
But bringing it back down to local level, it's a way in which you can help secure the future of your training centre, windsurfing or sailing club.
You are. With the help of RYA Sports Development, of course.
We are inviting all RYA recognised training centres to get involved. We would like windsurfing and sailing clubs to get involved too.
Currently there are around 70 active Team15 clubs across the UK. There is still room for more. Some areas of the country are not catered for at all. If your venue is located in a void area then we would particularly like to hear from you. That said there are plenty of Team15 clubs who are close neighbours so wherever your location, if you want to be involved you can.
To start with, an easy and inexpensive way to raise your club profile. And there’s more tangible stuff too…like attracting more kids to your club on a regular basis. And perhaps their families too.
The benefits of the programme include:
- Growing your membership base and ensuring a continuous feed
- Opportunity to teach families of Team15 sailors
- Expand the activities and challenges available to your young windsurfers
- Raise the public profile of your club
- Increase your volunteer base supported by funding opportunities
- Underpin RYA junior and youth competition pathway, producing windsurfing stars of the future
- Inter-club participation leading to local promotional opportunities
- Opportunity to become a Volvo RYA Champion Club and receive associated benefits
Clubs signed up to Team15 will receive:
- Access to grants for volunteer development and training
- Free promotional literature including leaflets and posters
- A free Team15 jacket & buoyancy aid for your head coach
- Local expert advice and support
- PR activity in the windsurfing press, plus local and national press opportunties
- Specific club details published on the RYA/Team15 website
- A set of 15 team race vests
Absolutely nothing since RYA windsurfing training centres have everything in place.
All you need is time, enthusiasm and your commitment to provide:
- A weekly Team15 club training session
- Run by a qualified RYA windsurfing instructor under the supervision of a senior instructor
- Supported by instructors, coaches and volunteers as the club grows
If you are already an RYA training centre for windsurfing and can provide the above, then once you have completed a T15 registration form, your Team15 recognition will follow very quickly.
As your club progresses we would encourage:
- Your instructors to become RYA Racing Instructors & T15 Freestyle Coaches
- A small team attendance at the four annual inter-club challenges, building to a full team of 15
- Hosting one of the inter-club events, if required
No problem. If you are keen to become a Team15 club then we can help you develop. Working with the Regional Development Officers we can:
- Help you achieve windsurfing recognition if you are already a Training Centre for dinghy sailing
- incidentially, if your Dinghy SI also holds a windsurfing instructor certificate, then the process is very simple ('See also' for more information).
- If you are not an RYA Training Centre at all, then we can help you to become one
Either way, once RYA windsurfing training centre recognition is in place, the Team15 recognition is easily achieved.
Download a registration form (see downloads), complete, scan and email to email@example.com or post to the T15 office at the RYA address.
Club funding: 'Friends of...Team15 Club'
Many Team15 clubs would like to apply for funding to improve their club and cater for larger numbers. Whilst Team15 clubs operating out of consituted/RYA affiliated clubs are able to do this quite easily, T15 clubs which operate out of commercial training centres have more difficulty.
Focusing on this latter group we have come up with a concept which we believe will help clubs apply for funding. The 'Friends of...Team15 Club' concept will enable clubs to apply to funding bodies, whilst fulfilling RYA training centre recognitiuon criteria and ensuring that a separate AALA licence and separate club insurance are not required.
The 'Friends of...Team15 Club' would set themselevs up as a charity and apply online to the Charity Commission. With the help of the RYA legal department a 'Friends of...Team15 Club' legal pack has been designed, which should satisfy the Charity Commission online application process. The legal pack documents (1-5 below) can be found in 'Downloads'.
Currently the pack consists of:
- T15 Operating Policy.
- Explanation of Suggested Legal Structure and Funding Arrangement (actually part of the above document).
- 'Friends of... Team15 Club' Suggested Constitution.
- Statement of public benefit to support the registration of the 'Friends of...Team15 Club' as a charity.
- Suggested grant letter from 'Friends of...Team15 Club' to the RYA Training Centre hosting the club (for the purposes of the Team15 Club).
The only other legal document that T15 clubs will need is a booking form for children to be able to join their T15 club. We haven't produced a template version of this since we believe T15 clubs already have their own versions.
Should you have an queries relating to the legal pack, please contact Jeanette Hopkins (Legal Counsel), RYA Legal and Government Affairs Department; telephone 023 80 604221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know whether your club has been successful in applying for funding using the 'Friends Of...Team15 Club' concept, to allow us to monitor support for Team15 clubs.
Article Published: May 19, 2009 12:05
Article Updated: April 05, 2013 15:46