World Sailing App 2017-2020
The World Sailing app is a partnership between World Sailing and the RYA to produce a multi-lingual app for the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 to include rules, case books, call books and associated documents.
The app is branded World Sailing but
contains dedicated areas for any participating MNA (Member National Authority) where they can publish any documentation related to the 2017-2020 rules such as
translated rules, local prescriptions, case books and guidance documents.
The key difference to any other digital rules product is the
integrated eBook which cleverly links all the documents together and will incorporate
the translated text of any participating National Authority. This will initially be available
to purchase in-app.
With the integrated eBook, you can very quickly
identify any case relevant to a particular rule, search for specific cases or
even a case that may be associated to a text search.
A rules mode in the settings allows the Integrated eBook to
display Windsurfing, Team, Match, Radio or Kiteboard Racing amendments for your
There are also useful features such as pop-ups for all
definitions where they are referenced in the text; this helps refer back to the
detail of the definition without navigating off the page.
You also have the ability to select a country, this will enable any translated rules and show the local prescriptions for that country from any participating MNA.
Now available to download.
Now available to download.
Coming soon - due March 2017.
This app will be updated regularly with content as it
becomes available through World Sailing or participating MNAs or changes as appropriate. The updates to paid content will be available for free for the 2017-2020 edition.
Please enable Push Notifications to ensure you get notified when content or languages are added.
- October 2016 - the Integrated eBook updated with RRS Changes and Corrections issued by World Sailing
- November 2016 - RYA Racing Rules Guidance eBook added to the app
- December 2016 - RYA Case Book added to the Integrated eBook
- January 2017 - Australian Sailing prescriptions added to the Integrated eBook and Australian Sailing country page added to the app which includes the 2017-2020 Blue eBook.
- February 2017 - World Sailing Team and Match Racing Call Books added as eBooks within the International (World Sailing) category and incorporated into the Integrated eBook.
We look forward to hearing from MNAs interested in participating or customers with any questions, comments or
feedback. Similarly, if you find any bugs or have any problems with the
app, please email the support team below.
App support email: email@example.com
MNA enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org