Welcome to the new RYA North East region.
The RYA North East Region comprises the areas of Cleveland, Durham, Northumberland, Tees Valley, Tyne & Wear, the three ridings of the county of Yorkshire and the county of North Lincolnshire.
The region offers boating at both the coast and inland, where you can try dinghy sailing, yachting, racing, windsurfing, power boating and narrow boating on inland waterways at over 120 clubs and training centres.
Here are some of the things we do in the region on behalf of the boating community:
- We publish this web microsite;
- Organise an annual cruising conference,
- Run the NE Youth Travellers Series (NEYTS) and Yorkshire and Humberside Youth Sailing Association (YHYSA) series;
- Run a North East Youth Championship in October each year;
- Monitor environmental developments;
- Select the RYA NE/Trident UK Young Club Sailor of the Year;
- Select the RYA Regional Young Champion Sailor of the Year;
- Run an annual regional Club Initiative of the Year competition;
- In 2016 we are developing a Team Racing Initiative. In 2016 this will see a Team Racing training event on Saturday 14 May at Thornton Steward SC to be followed in subsequent years by a Regional Team Racing competition;
- We help select and organise the Regional finals of the Honda Youth RIB competition;
- We work alongside the Regional Development Officer in providing support for Club development, club liaison and promoting training courses for dinghies, powerboats, and windsurfing.
We are always looking to find new volunteers to help with club liaison or any of the regional initiatives listed above. If you would like to be involved or have any other ideas for the region please feel free to contact the Regional Chairman or Regional Secretary via the Contacts page.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!