Instructors looking for casual work should contact Mary Farrell.
You can also check out the RYA HQ Jobs Page.
Chief Operating Officer
RYANI are looking for an energetic, innovative Leader to deliver the strategic and operational goals aligned to Promote and Protect Safe, Successful and Rewarding Boating in Northern Ireland.
The role of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is to manage the company in an effective and efficient manner; with a clear focus to deliver the company’s strategic plan. This will include developing effective partnership and communication linkages with key stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be responsible for effective management of RYANI including: advice to the Board; business planning; staff management; and, financial management.
- Provide leadership and representation for boating in Northern Ireland; acting as ambassador and key point of contact.
- Fulfil commitments of the RYA/RYANI Memorandum of Understanding and Operation Plans created to support the Strategy.
- Oversee the efficient delivery of plans to agreed standards and within acceptable timescales as directed; evaluate and measure for robust systems and procedures.
- Preparation of responses to Government and other policy matters relevant to sailing and boating related matters in Northern Ireland.
- Manage staff and coordinate activity, ensuring the development of a highly motivated team.
- Lead the processes of planning and bidding for funds.
- Oversee the administration of Elite and Transition Support Grants and seek new sources of funding to assist the objectives of RYANI.
Salary: Manager’s scale £35,000-£41,000 pa
The role is Full-time on a Fixed Term Contract.
For any additional queries please contact the RYANI Chair, Sheela Lewis
Mail: Sheela_lewis@yahoo.com / Mobile: 07989 563223
The Closing date for applications is 4 pm on Friday 11 August 2017.
RYANI is an equal opportunities employer.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!