To develop the best young racing sailors in the world
The RYANI Performance Academy aims to priovide support to sailors who show the best attributes to go on to National Squad Selection and potentially and Olympic campaign.
The programme is designed around the individual to focus on the key aspects of physical, technical, tactical development in order to achieve this.
The Academy is made up of sailors invited by RYANI.
- To nurture passion, professionalism and a performance mind-set;
- To develop sailors with the best prospects of selection onto IRL and GBR National Squads;
- To support the most committed sailors and ensure they receive the best support to develop themselves;
- To educate sailors on all aspects of how to run a programme and possibly an Olympic campaign;
- To give sailors more specific and intensive training.
Sailors will receive the following:
- 1 Academy Coached Session per month or equivalent;
- 1 Physiological screening induction;
Up to 4 Physical Training sessions per month through Training Phases of the year;
- Quarterly Reviews;
- Access to workshops (including Anti-Doping, Campaign management, Lifestyle etc)
Make weekly training diary submissions;
- Practice on the water in their own time;
- Commit to all training sessions;
- Strive to improve fitness results;
- Compete at IRL Events and nominated international events;
- Follow guidance of coaches
- Balance study and other commitments;
- Prepare for quarterly reviews appropriately;
- Provide timely notification to request any absence from training;
RYANI Performance Academy Selection Policy
*update - due to cancellation of ILCA Munsters, the Ulsters may be used as an alternative.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!