Return to Sail Racing
- Publisher: Adlard Coles
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 176
- Dimensions: 310 x 230mm
- Edition: 2012
- ISBN: 9781408146477
- Product Code: ZS28
- Delivery cost: £1.35 to the UK by Royal Mail
- Delivery time: within 5 working days*
Packed with spectaclular photographs, this gorgeous coffee table book is the perfect companion to sailing events at the 2012 Olympics.
This book reflects the entire history of Olympic sailing with spectacular photographs celebrating heroes such as Paul Elvstrom and Ben Ainslie, fabulous locations, legendary classes - and the never-ending struggle of an Olympic sailor to make his mark.
- An overview of the three eras of Olympic sailing (early years and yachting; modern dinghy racing and Elvstrom; the new professional era and Ainslie)
- The struggle - training, teamwork, trials, selection, hope and heart-aching near misses
- Legendary classes and boat designers
- The new era - including the 49er, Laser, 470 and Europe
- Fabulous locations - including Mexico, Montreal, Sydney, Athens and China
- Icons, gold and glory - celebrating great Olympians, whose titanic struggles, outstanding achievements and logic-defying victories live on in the popular memory and add to the 'draw' of the Olympic legacy
Featuring awe-inspiring images from the best sailing photographers in the world, each with an enlightening and entertaining commentary, this stunning book is a true celebration of this amazing sport through the years.
Stunning photographs…enough to whet the appetite for the “Big Show” in London…Sailing for Southern Africa, May 2012
Check out RYA eBooks to see how we're using the latest technology to make our books more interactive.