Want to register to accept RYA vouchers?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call during office hours on 02380 604244, to request a copy of the terms and conditions and for an application form.
A customer has paid me in RYA vouchers - what do I do now?
In order to redeem the Voucher(s), you should tear off the stub that is on the left hand side of each voucher. This should be retained and is your fail-safe proof that you've accepted a Voucher. You should then send the main parts of the Vouchers accompanied by a completed Voucher Redemption Form complete in an envelope to: Accounts (Vouchers), RYA House, Ensign Way, Hamble, SO31 4YA
How long are RYA vouchers valid for?
Any RYA vouchers sold since February 2016 will be valid for two years from the date of purchase. The expiration date will be clearly displayed on the back of all vouchers bought after this date.
How do I get paid for vouchers I redeem?
Your account with the RYA will be credited appropriately for Vouchers redeemed in line with the Terms and Conditions. If your account is in credit at any time, you may request a payment. This will normally be paid within 5-7 working days of receiving the request. Please note that there is a 10% redemption charge on the total value of all vouchers being redeemed.
How do I verify that vouchers are genuine?
In setting up the RYA Voucher scheme we have paid special attention to the security of the Vouchers, and plenty of security features have been incorporated.
Forgeries can normally be detected by their feel which is usually stiffer and the print is normally glossier (particularly from laser printers). To determine if a Voucher is real, please consider the following points:
- Hold the voucher up to a strong light and you should see a multi tone watermark saying security bonded surrounding Orion (soldier with a shield).
- There is a metallic silver thread which is woven through the paper if you hold it up to the light it will appear as a solid shadow line
- If you look at the paper under UV light you will see random blue and yellow flecks in the paper.
- A hologram is applied to each voucher - this contains the words security BONDED at one angle, when tilted the colours change and you see a tick and OK.
- Each Voucher has a unique serial number printed onto it. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of the Voucher, please contact us to verify if the serial number has been issued by us, and to whom. Call us on 02380 604244 or e-mail email@example.com
- You should only accept a Voucher with the stub still attached. This should be detached and retained by you as your fail-safe evidence of having accepted the Voucher, should the worst happen and the Vouchers befome lost or stolen in the post.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!