Approved first aid certificates
The following qualifications require the holder to complete an acceptable first aid course:
- RYA instructors, trainers and coaches
- Candidates for Certificate of Competence exams
- Anyone applying for a commercial endorsement to a Powerboat Level 2 Powerboat Handling or Day Skipper completion certificate
- Anyone applying for a commercial endorsement to an Advanced Powerboat course completion certificate (dated before 1 Jan 2005)
The list of acceptable First Aid certificates is shown in 'Related documents' along with a list of certificates that have been assessed as not being acceptable for the qualifications above.
For any first aid courses not currently on the accepted list, submissions for approval must come direct from the certifying authority and sent to email@example.com with a copy of the certificate, full detailed syllabus of the course in English, confirmation of the course duration, details of first aid instructor training, how instructors are qualified and how quality of instruction is assured.
For UK registered practicing doctors, nurses, paramedics and dentists we are able to accept your medical qualification and evidence of
current registration in lieu of a first aid certificate. This can usually be
done through the provision of your registration number for your relevant
For non-UK registered medical professionals we are able to accept
your qualification in lieu of a first aid certificate subject to:
- evidence of your registration with the relevant regulatory body for your country with a translation into English
- evidence that you are currently practicing with a translation into English where necessary
If you are unable to provide the above evidence, you will need to complete an appropriate first aid qualification.
In every case, once retired and no longer practicing, a First
Aid Certificate will be required.