The RYA employs over 170 staff in a wide range of roles, from boating specialists to professional staff to co-ordinators and administrators. Most work from our headquarters in Hamble, near Southampton, but some are based in other parts of the UK. We offer modern, accessible office facilities with free parking, up to date IT systems and a competitive range of benefits.
If there are no vacancies shown below, there are none available at this time.
The RYA is committed to equality of opportunity.
Digital Content Senior Administrator
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Permanent – Full-time (35 hours per week)
Location: Hamble, Southampton
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include; a personal pension scheme, free life insurance and a total annual leave package of 26 days (plus public holidays).
The RYA uses digital platforms to deliver information and services to its members, customers and RYA Affiliated Clubs. The RYA’s digital platforms:
- Provide tailored and contextually relevant experiences;
- Enable stakeholders to achieve their missions with the RYA in a logical and frictionless way; and
- Help the RYA to learn more about its stakeholders in order to enhance engagement and continuously improve relationships with them.
We are seeking a Digital Content Senior Administrator to join our central digital team, to co-ordinate the planning and publication of the RYA’s digital content, driving continuous improvement and best practice.
As the Digital Content Senior Administrator, there will be four key areas of your role:
1. Social Media
- Administration of the RYA’s social media channels (scheduling, publishing, reporting);
- Providing practical support and training to RYA social media content creators and users;
- Maintaining and updating the RYA’s social media strategy.
2. Web Content
- Monitoring, testing & evaluating the ways to enhance user experience;
- Using the content management system to create web pages based on content provided;
- Assisting with providing web support to help resolve user issues.
- Working with users and the Data & Insights Analyst to define and develop audience segments and personas;
- Helping users map user journeys.
4. Support and Best Practice
- Delivering best practice guidance and training;
- Owning and developing a digital style guide (campaigns, website and social media).
We are seeking a candidate who has knowledge of social media best practice and management systems, and someone who has experience of working within an organisation to plan and publish digital content.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of people; and analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends.
Please review the full job description and download & completed an application form. Completed application forms should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form, to Lisa.Rogers@rya.org.uk Please note: we do not accept CVs in lieu of a completed application form.
Closing date for applications: Mid-day on Monday 2 December 2019
Interviews to be held on: Monday 16 December 2019
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!