Reservations and bookings are accepted by the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below:
1. RYA House Portland (hereinafter referred to as Portland House) is open to RYA members and those groups affiliated to the RYA. The facilities are run as a training centre and hostel so consequently, there may not be a member of the RYA staff in the building at certain times of the day and at night. The person making the booking agrees to be responsible for all other members of his or her party as listed on the booking form.
1. All Bookings are subject to acceptance by RYA and we will confirm such acceptance by sending an e-mail that confirms that the booking has been successful. Reservations will be made and confirmed upon receipt of full payment. The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you this confirmation. All bookings are subject to availability and the RYA reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
2. On completion of the booking and prior to the arrival date, guests will receive confirmation of the booking and the access code to the front door and the reception area.
3. The booking applicant must be an RYA Member and the lead person must be over 18 years of age. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
4. Room allocation and/or facilities at Portland House may be altered or withdrawn at any time but guests will be given prior notice whenever possible.
5. The number of persons using the room should not exceed four unless prior approval has been given.
6. Pets are not permitted. Guide dogs may be permitted by prior arrangement. It is the sole responsibility of the owners to clear up and responsibly dispose of any waste.
7. All rooms are non-smoking. Portland House is a non-smoking premises.
Making a Booking
1. Bookings to stay at Portland House may be made by visiting our website at www.rya.org.uk .
a. Booking for 5 rooms or less are made online and paid for in full at the time of booking.
a. For group bookings of more than 5 rooms, the bookings are made using the enquiry form on the website or directly with the RYA staff in Portland. A provisional booking can be held for up to a maximum of 7 days without payment if made more than 4 months in advance of arrival date. A deposit of 25% of the total booking value is required at the time of booking to confirm acceptance of the group booking terms and conditions stated in this document. The full balance is due 8 weeks before arrival. The RYA will send out an invoice for the balance at least two weeks before payment is due based on the booking.
b. The Group leader accompanying the Group is responsible for the discipline and behavior of their party. Group leaders are responsible for all damage caused by their action or inaction, or the actions or inactions of those in their party. If any Group is given sole use of RYA House Portland they shall not offer for sale to the general public or publicly advertise the facilities without the prior written agreement of the RYA.
Changes to your Booking
1. The RYA should be notified immediately, if any changes to the booking are required.
2. Individual - Changes to the booking will accepted up to 7 days prior to the arrival date, after that, changes may be treated as a cancellation.
3. Group Booking - Changes to the booking will be accepted up to 14 days prior to the arrival date, after that, changes may be treated as a cancellation.
Cancellation of Booking by Guest
Cancellations and changes to bookings will treated depending on the notice period given and are shown below. A refund after the times stated will be at the discretion of the RYA.
a. More than 7 days No charge and a full refund will be made
b. Between 2 and 7 days Refund made with a deduction for the cost of the first night
c. Less than 2 days and no show No refund
a. Up to 6 weeks Deposit not refunded
b. Between 2 and 6 weeks Refund with a deduction of 50% of the total cost
c. Less than 2 weeks No refund
Changes to the booking by the RYA
1. In the unlikely event it becomes necessary for the RYA to make changes to the booking, in total or in part, the RYA will inform the person who made the booking as soon as is reasonably possible of any necessary changes. You will have the choice of: accepting the changed arrangements; or purchasing another booking from RYA (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any differences); or cancelling the booking and receiving a full refund of all payments made.
2. The RYA reserves the right to cancel a booking and return full payment at its own discretion. The RYA shall have no other liability. Any cancellation will be made by email where possible.
Behaviour and Responsibility by Guests
1. At all times, guests are required to have consideration for other people staying in the accommodation. If, in the RYAs reasonable opinion, a guest or any member of their party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset, or distress to any third party or damage property, the RYA is entitled, without written notice, to terminate the stay of the person concerned. The person will be required to leave the premises and will not be entitled to a refund.
2. The guest agree to keep Portland House and its fixtures and fittings in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the stay. Defects should be reported to a member of staff, noted in the defect book in reception or the duty member of staff contacted if urgent.
3. Use of the Kitchenette. The RYA reserves the right to charge an additional fee if the room or kitchenware are left in an unacceptable state. Any damage and breakages should where possible be reported to a member of RYA staff before departure or if no staff are available, by email to the RYA as soon as possible.
4. Authorised RYA staff may access a room at any reasonable time whether occupied or not for maintenance and at any time in the event of an emergency.
1. RYA will ensure that the accommodation and /or other services booked are provided in accordance with these terms and conditions and shall be provided by us with reasonable skill and care.
2. The RYA will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed in the performing of any of our obligations to you if this is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including (without limitation): an act of God, explosion, flood, fire or accident; war or civil disturbance; strike, industrial action or stoppages of work; any form of government intervention; a third party act or omission; failure by you to give us a correct delivery address or notify us of any change of address.
3. Members and guests personal possessions are not insured by the RYA. Guests should check their own personal insurance provision in this regard. The RYA will not be held liable for any personal injury, loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
4. The RYA will not be held responsible for lost property. However the RYA will hold left or lost property for a period of 4 weeks after which it may be given to a local charity shop. A fee plus postage and packing will be levied to return items.
5. Cars parked on site are at the owners risk. The RYA will not be held liable for any personal injury, loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
6. Accidents must be reported to a member of staff within 24 hours and the accident book filled out.
7. Where an element of the booking is not provided to an acceptable standard you must notify the RYA within 28 days of the alleged breach. We shall then investigate the matter and if we have not delivered the services you shall be entitled to choose between: a full refund of the cost of your booking (or, where appropriate, the relevant section of it) less any fees charged for changes requested by you; or a free stay to the equivalent value of the services complained of, where such dates are agreed in writing by us.
8. We will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for: any losses which are not foreseeable by both you and us when the contract is formed arising in connection with the supply of the services or their use by you; any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; or business or trade losses.
9. Our entire liability in connection with the contract will not exceed the value of the Products purchased or the booking made less any amendment charges paid to us.
10. Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence RYA's liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the Products purchased or the Booking made, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
11. These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions.