Job Role: World Class Programme Investment & Policy Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Location: Hamble (hybrid working) Occasional travel is required to Weymouth & Portland, Dorset
- Do you have experience of budget management and cost forecasting?
- Are you someone with a strong background in finance and policy?
- Are you passionate/interested in RYA’s racing activities?
The RYA is looking for a highly-organised, self starter individual with a performance mindset who has experience within a senior management position to fulfil the role of World Class Programme Investment & Policy Manager.
Working with the Performance Director and CEO, the successful candidate will support the effective running of the RYA’s World Class Programme (WCP) defining the programme strategies, financial management, whilst ensuring compliance with legal and contractual requirements and overseeing administrative processes.
What you’ll be doing?
- In conjunction with the PD, produce and update the strategy for the WCP, to ensure its continued relevance and maintaining funding at an optimum level. Monitor implementation of the strategy and reporting to UK Sport.
- Prepare, monitor and control the WCP budget, under the direction of the PD and in conjunction with the CEO and the Finance Director.
- Act as the RYA’s point of contact and strategy lead with UK Sport for grant awards, manage compliance with the conditions of grant and report progress to ensure that their statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial reports and other deliverables to meet reporting requirements with UK Sport.
- Lead the review process against objectives, to include the Culture Health Check and regular feedback from athletes, staff and coaches.
- Act as line manager for the BST Communications Manager
- Lead the delivery of sustainability initiatives for the WCP to meet RYA and UK Sport requirements.
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include
- 36 days holiday including public holidays
- 10% RYA contribution to a personal pension scheme,
- Free life insurance
- Discounts platform for retail, entertainment, holidays & gym membership
- Social Events
- RYA Membership
- Free charging point for electric vehicles whilst on your working days at the office
How to apply
Please review the full job description on the RYA website and apply by sending in the application form and equality monitoring form to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: COB 10 July 2023
Interviews to be held 18 and 19 July 2023
The RYA is committed to equality of opportunity
The RYA as an equal opportunity and disability confident employer, celebrates and welcomes diversity in all its forms and believes that a diverse workforce boosts innovation, productivity and creativity.
We are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion and strive to be an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves. We would particularly encourage applications from ethnically diverse candidates who are currently underrepresented at the RYA.