Sub-menu Navigation

Cruising Abroad


If you want to cruise outside the UK you are likely to need certification, often in the form of the International Certificate of Competence (ICC).

RYA courses can help you achieve this, with the Powerboat Level 2 and Day Skipper certificates (or above) providing evidence of your competence to qualify you for the ICC.

Experienced skippers can also qualify for the ICC by taking a direct assessment, rather than a full course, through one of our training centres or an appropriate affiliated club.

In addition the ICC, you should also be aware of the local requirements for skippers, boats and licences wherever you go and, if possible, take with you translations of the certificates that you hold.

Find books for your course at the RYA Shop

eBooks in the cloud
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!
Please select...