Sub-menu Navigation

Things to do with your IWHC certificate

Once you've got your Inland Waterways Helmsman Certificate, what else can you do?

Get your International Certificate of Competence

If you plan to cruise the inland waterways of Europe, you are likely to need an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). Your Inland Waterways Helmsman Certificate, together with a CEVNI test, can be used to apply for an ICC. See more details.

Book a holiday or hire a boat

Get £50 to £75 off with Bear Boating 

Based 6 miles from Leeds on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, Bear Boating offers a £50-£75 discount to hirers who hold the RYA IWHC.

The full terms and conditions can be seen by visiting our web site at


Find books for your course at the RYA Shop

eBooks in the cloud
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!
Please select...