Royal Yachting Association (RYA) affiliated Clubs and Training Centres face a diverse range of risks that can often require complex insurance programmes that include specific elements of cover.
Insurance broking partner Gallagher have been endorsed by the RYA for over 40 years and over this time have developed and continue to create specialist products that meet the needs of these groups. Here, Gallagher provide an overview of the product and additional cover options available to RYA clubs and Training Centres.
Gallagher RYA Combined Insurance*
- Public & Product Liability (including member to member & tuition extension) –cover up to £20m available
- Employers’ Liability – if you have employees (including volunteers) you may require this cover by law
- Property All Risks - including Clubhouse, Outbuildings, Marine Installations, Contents/Fixtures & Fittings, Consumables and Bar Stock
- Business Interruption - Loss of Revenue, Additional Increased Cost of Working, Loss of Rent payable/receivable & Loss of Revenue (Marine) extensions available
- Loss of Licence – Loss of revenue following loss of licence for the sale of alcohol
- Deterioration of Stock – Covering refrigerated/frozen stock in the event of equipment breakdown and/or failure of public utilities
- Cups, Trophies & Specified Items – Covering any specified item and unspecified cups/trophies anywhere in the UK on an ‘agreed value’ basis
- Money - Covering cash in trust including when in safe, in transit or at home of authorised official
- Personal Accident – Providing cover to specified persons whilst carrying out duties
- Boats – Including outboard engines, trailers, etc. whilst in transit and temporarily in use within Europe for up to 30 days per year. Cover incorporates Marine Third Party Liability to mirror the chosen Public & Products Liability indemnity limit. Cover extension also available upon request to cover loaned/borrowed boats not owned by the Club/Training Centre
Additional covers* available;
- Directors, Officers & Trustees Liability - Legal defence costs and valuable added protection for individuals operating on behalf of the Club/Training Centre
- Commercial Legal Expenses - Legal defence costs in respect of Employment Disputes, Contract Disputes (including Tenancy), Tax/VAT Investigations plus 24 Hour Legal Helpline
- Special Types Motor (Road Traffic Act Liability) - Following recent changes to the Road Traffic Act Law, Tractors and other mechanically propelled plant used within a ‘public place’ must now be insured under a specific motor insurance policy
- Engineering Inspection - Providing statutory inspection of plant and equipment on a 6 or 12 month frequency as required under HSE (LOLER) regulations
Contact the dedicated RYA team at Gallagher today to review your insurance programme.
Tel: 0800 062 2309
*policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see policy wording for full terms & conditions.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!