Once again PTBO will hit the UK early in the sailing season giving your club the opportunity to be part of a national campaign and attract your local community to come and have a go at sailing.
This year alone almost 500 open days were held at 300 clubs across the country and we’ve got plenty of reasons why your club should join us again next year!
Did you know…?
In the four years that Push the Boat has been running in its current format:
- Over 90,000 people have attended a PTBO event with over 66,000 people getting out on the water
- Over 6,000 individuals have signed up for club memberships as a result of PTBO
- Nearly 4,500 families have joined sailing clubs after getting hooked at PTBO events
- Nearly 4,500 people have signed up to further sessions or courses in just the past two years
- In 2016 almost 40,000 people visited the PTBO website
What happens next…
We’ve been analysing feedback from clubs that were involved in 2016 and we’re well into planning next year’s event to ensure we can make it even better. Here’s a basic timeline of will be happening in the run up to PTBO 2017.
||What is happening
||PTBO Activator sign-up opens
||Online marketing resources available to PTBO venues
||PTBO Activator Workshop takes place at RYA Suzuki Dinghy Show
||PTBO promotional resources sent to venues
||'Where's my nearest PTBO event' webpage goes live
||RYA promotes PTBO nationally, regionally and locally
We’ll be talking more about how you can make the most of Push the Boat Out at RYA Affiliated Club Conferences. In the meantime if you’ve not already signed up to take part please do it soon, so you don't miss out.
You can stay up to date with the latest Push the Boat Out news here