Fans of the RYA Dinghy Show will know that each year we award the Concours d'Elegance, the coveted trophy for 'boat of the show'.
We are determined to still award the trophy in 2021, despite the show being virtual but, like most things, the entry process and judging is adapting to the world we currently live in. While we love nothing more than to look over every boat inside and out, admiring the attention to detail, this year we’re going to have to do this all remotely.
To submit your entry you’ll need:
- A video, up to 2 minutes long, showing the boat entered for the Concours d’Elegance in the best way you can. You can add a commentary to this video if you wish.
- Up to 5 photos of the boat.
- A description of up to 200 words as to why your boat should win the Concours d’Elegance.
- Please submit all entries by midnight on Wednesday 17th February.
- If possible, record the video in Full HD (1080p).
- Send the photos in as high resolution as possible.
- Please send the video, photos and description (preferably as a Word .docx file) via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging will once again be undertaken by Mark Jardine, Managing Editor of YachtsandYachting.com and Sail-World.com and World and European Champion Ben Saxton.
The winner will be announced at 3pm on Saturday 27th February at the virtual RYA Dinghy Show 2021 and also on YachtsandYachting.com.
All boats entered must have been sailed at least once and the entrants must be an exhibitor at the virtual RYA Dinghy Show 2021.
If you represent a Class Association or Boat Builder who is yet to book their virtual exhibition booth please find a guide for affiliated classes here with examples of how the show will look, stand options, prices and what to do next. You can find more information on the RYA Dinghy Show website here.