The nationwide 'have-a-go' campaign gives all comers the chance to get on the water for free or low cost over nine days from Saturday 14 to Sunday 22 May, so get the dates in your diary now!
In Greater Manchester sessions are available at:
- Bolton Sailing Club - are running free tasters throughout Saturday 14 May
- Delph Sailing Club have a free taster on Satuday 21 May
- Etherow Country Park Sailing Club have free tasters on 14 May
- Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club have a free all-day session on Sunday 22 May
- Hollingworth Lake Water Activity Centre have low cost pre-booked sessions on Saturday 14 May
- Helly Hansen Watersports Centre offer pre-booked low cost tasters all day on 21 & 22 May
More than 65,000 people have discovered the sport through Push the Boat Out since its launch in 2012. Nationally, 2015 Push the Boat Out saw almost 28,500 newcomers attend events at almost 350 locations across the UK.
With the British Sailing Team sailors amongst the World's best, sailing always enjoys a boost in Olympic years and Push the Boat Out is a great way to discover a new outdoor sport to enjoy this summer. This year, over 300 venues have signed up, so make sure you don't miss this opportunity to get afloat.
Duncan Truswell, RYA Sport Development Manager, said: "Over the past four years Push the Boat Out has enabled thousands of people who may never have even considered giving sailing a go the chance to try the sport. Many of these have since become club members and volunteers and are inspiring others to follow their lead and try the sport."
Clubs and centres continue to get better and better at providing a warm welcome, and we are really excited for this year's Push the Boat Out, which I'm sure will prove even more popular. 2016 is gearing up to be the perfect year to get into sailing."
Want to know how you can Push the Boat Out in May? www.rya.org.uk/go/ptbo