RYA Scotland are starting a new project with the aim of increasing the number of women and girls participating in sport and physical activity, in particular boating.
RYA Scotland have identified that to have a lasting impact we can’t do this alone. This is where we need you.
We are looking for up to 10 ‘Pioneers’ who:
- Are female or male
- Have a passion for and enjoy sport
- Are active within their sailing club/centre and local community
- Are happy to volunteer
- Are eager to increase engagement within sailing. (Particular females and those from diverse social groups)
With the support of RYA Scotland the chosen Pioneers will be asked to deliver initiatives that meet the aims below in their clubs and local communities:
- Encourage Women and Girls, reaching out to at least one of the following demographics: age, disability, SIMDs
- Build active partnerships with different local community group
- Focus on both positive physical and mental wellbeing
- Improve opportunities for groups or individuals to participate, progress, develop and achieve
- Structured towards sustainability and offering a lasting impact
This will all kick start on the 23-24th March at the team building and education weekend (this is not mandatory yet encouraged). This weekend will set out to paint the picture of female activity in RYA Scotland currently and what we would like it to look like in the future. We will then work together to identity initiatives that can help us reach our aims and have a lasting impact on the number of women and girls participating in physical activity, in particular sailing within Scotland.
If this is something you would be interested in please may you respond to this advert by February the 25th with your name, club and either a 2 minute video or 100 words stating why you believe you would make a great Pioneer and emailing email@example.com
We will aim to respond to your application by the 1st of March.