The Royal Institute of Navigation Small Craft Group Electronic Navigation Conference is set to take place on 11 January 2020.
This biennial Conference, open to all, is focused on developing skills, knowledge and awareness in all aspects of small craft navigation.
Among the topics addressed will be:
- What are the concerns of users of electronic systems?
- What are the latest developments in on-board equipment?
- What developments are coming on aids to navigation (buoys and lighthouses)?
- New technology developments (Google Earth, new surveys, drones etc.)
- How accurate and reliable is my electronic navigation system?
- Latest developments from publishers: paper and electronic?
- Do I still need to carry paper charts and have traditional navigation skills?
Speakers at this all-day conference are experts in their field and from leading companies.
Prior registration for this event is through the RIN website at https://rin.org.uk/event/enav2020
Venue: Royal Lymington Yacht Club, Bath Road, Lymington, SO41 3SE
The cost is only £45 (£35 for RIN/RLYC Members) and includes lunch and refreshments. Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Further information about this event can be found on the RIN website.
To support this event, the RIN has been running an updated online questionnaire, which we would encourage all RYA members to complete. The results and insights will be shared at the Conference in January. This short questionnaire can be completed online at https://rin.org.uk/page/SCG_Qu_2019_20