The region's winners will receive an Award at the RYA's annual awards ceremony in London on Friday 24 November.
The RYA Volunteer Awards are considered the 'MBEs' of the sport, honouring people for their exceptional generosity and commitment to boating. The winners were nominated by their clubs and selected by the RYA Honours and Awards Panel.
The East 2017 RYA Volunteer Award winners include…
National Award - presented to outstanding individuals for their commitment and services to boating and the RYA at a national level.
- Martin Smethers, Rickmansworth Sailing Club
Regional Award - presented to outstanding individuals for their commitment and services to boating and the RYA at a regional level.
- Janet Gilmour, NSBA/Buckenham Sailing Club
Lifetime Commitment - individuals who have shown exceptional commitment and dedication to their club or organisation for at least 15 years
- Doug MacEwen, South Woodham Ferrers Yacht Club
- Peter Phillips, Harwich and Dovercourt Sailing Club
- Peter Saxton, Grafham Water Sailing Club
- Jonathan Payne, Blackwater Sailing Club
Outstanding Contribution - individuals who have made a significant volunteer contribution either over a period of time or a 'one-off' effort
- Sally Dugdale, International Topper Class Association (GBR)
Youth Award - individuals under 25 who have demonstrated a regular commitment and/or inspirational contribution over-and-above their own participation or achievement within the sport
- Tom Wood - South Woodham Ferrers Yacht Club