Inland Waterways Instructor 

Related documents

Related pages

This page is for those wanting to train as Inland Waterways Instructors, who have a wide experience and knowledge on the inland waters of the UK, preferably on a variety of craft. 

Required certificates

First aid certificate

RYA Inland Waterways Helmsman's certificate

Health declaration form and medical questionnaire

Wide range of experience and knowledge of the inland waters of the UK, preferably on a variety of craft.
Training course

Two day course, may take place on canals or river ways. We normally use a narrowboat, a barge or a cruiser. Assessment is on-going and moderated by a second Trainer on day two. 

Course cost: £420 (non-residential)

Upcoming courses:
19-20 April: Lincolnshire Boat Training Services (Lincoln)
16-17 May: Watercraft (Grand Union Canal)
5-6 September: Watercraft (Marlow)

Places allocated on a first come first served basis, and only allocated on receipt of a completed application, payment and copies of required certificates.
Course application form

For course dates and prices in Northern Ireland contact RYA Training.

Qualified to teach
RYA Inland Waterways Scheme
Valid for five years with current first aid certificate after which you will need to attend a revalidation.
RYA membership