The RYA employs over 170 staff in a wide range of roles, from boating specialists to professional staff to co-ordinators and administrators. Most work from our headquarters in Hamble, near Southampton, but some are based in other parts of the UK. We offer modern, accessible office facilities with free parking, up to date IT systems and a competitive range of benefits.
If there are no vacancies shown below, there are none available at this time.
The RYA is committed to equality of opportunity.
Head of Membership
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Permanent, full-time (35 hours per week)
Location: Hamble, Southampton
Benefits: Personal pension scheme, free life insurance, a total annual leave package of 28 days (plus public holidays)
The RYA is a unique membership organisation. From children in dinghies to families on yachts, from motor boaters to windsurfers, our members all share one thing in common; a passion for boating. So we work tirelessly on their behalf to protect and promote their wide ranging interests.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as Head of Membership and shape our future-facing membership strategy. You will have the latest digital technology at your disposal and a clear mission to grow, engage and retain members in a truly tailored way.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing the membership strategy and embedding it across the organisation.
- Delivering a compelling value proposition and tailored lifecycle journeys that recognise the diverse boating interests of members.
- Working with teams from every area of our organisation to ensure that members are truly engaged.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Growing and retaining membership or subscribers in a comparable organisation.
- Implementing lifecycle journeys using a mix of traditional media and digital technology.
- Managing and communicating member benefits and rewards.
You will be great at this role if you are:
- Highly collaborative, with a talent for influencing and the ability to reconcile opposing views.
- A strategic thinker and able to empathise and relate to the needs of our diverse membership.
- Adept at using data to evaluate situations, present recommendations and make decisions.
- Digitally savvy, you’ll be up to date and open to innovation.
You would be the voice of RYA Membership and a champion for change, so the ability to communicate passionately and effectively is essential.
Please review the full job description and download & complete an application form. Completed application forms should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form, to Lisa.Rogers@rya.org.uk Please note that we do not accept CVs in lieu of a fully completed application form.
Closing date for applications: Mid-day on Wednesday 26 August 2020
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 17 and/or Friday 18 September 2020
Power Schemes Administrator
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Location: Hamble, Southampton
Full Time: 35 hours per week
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include; a personal pension scheme, free life insurance and a total annual leave package of 26 days (plus public holidays).
RYA Training is responsible for setting and monitoring the standards of the contents and delivery of its training schemes in sailing and powerboating. The RYA’s training schemes are delivered by qualified instructors through a network of recognised training centres.
The RYA’s Training department are looking to recruit a Power Schemes Administrator to ensure the efficient administration of its Power Training Schemes and support the work of the Chief Instructor.
As the Power Schemes Administrator your role will include:
- Responding to general and technical enquires concerning RYA training schemes;
- Providing information, advice and guidance to members of the public to choose appropriate training and RYA Instructors to assist with the delivery of the RYA Training Schemes;
- Handling complaints and investigating non-registration of certificates;
- Organising, and attending where necessary, annual conferences, Instructor courses and Trainer revalidation days; and
- Updating and informing our network of Instructors/Examiners/Principals of developments and initiatives within the training schemes.
We are looking for candidates who have proven skills in:
- Effectively communicating with others, both in writing and over the phone/in person;
- Working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- Working under pressure without sacrificing accuracy; and
- Managing their time effectively, prioritising workload as necessary and appropriate.
Please review the full job description and download & complete an application form. Completed application forms should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form, to Lisa.Rogers@rya.org.uk. Please note: we do not accept CVs in lieu of a completed application form.
Closing date for applications: Mid-day on Wednesday 19 August 2020
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 1 September 2020
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!