The RYA employs over 170 staff in a wide range of roles, from boating specialists to professional staff to co-ordinators and administrators. Most work from our headquarters in Hamble, near Southampton, but some are based in other parts of the UK. We offer modern, accessible office facilities with free parking, up to date IT systems and a competitive range of benefits.
If there are no vacancies shown below, there are none available at this time.
The RYA actively promotes
diversity in its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the
community. In line with our Diversity Strategy we are keen to achieve a more
diverse workforce and especially welcome applications from under-represented
If you would like to join the RYA and feel you have the relevant skills and experience for one of our vacant positions, please download the appropriate application form.
Salary: £29,000 - £31,000 per annum
Permanent – Full-time (35 hours per week)
Location: Hamble, Southampton
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include; a personal pension scheme, free life insurance and a total annual leave package of 28 days (plus public holidays).
The RYA has an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their HR career. We are recruiting for a standalone HR Advisor, reporting to the Finance Director, who will also receive mentoring and personal development through the support of an external HR consultancy.
This is an autonomous role that will require a confident and flexible HR Advisor who is willing to be involved in every aspect of the HR function and support a workforce across the UK of approximately 190 employees.
As the HR Advisor your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all HR queries, providing advice and guidance to managers and employees. Ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of employment law, HR policies and procedures and best practice.
- Administering and processing all HR correspondence, including starters, leavers, probation reviews, holiday, maternity/paternity leave, employee benefits and references.
- Be actively involved in the full recruitment process, including preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements, attending interviews and drafting offer letters & contracts of employment.
- Supporting managers and employees with the appraisal process, ensuring requests for personal development are actioned in conjunction with the relevant line manager.
- Facilitating the annual employee survey process including collating and analysing results, reporting on the results and devising an appropriate action plan.
- Working with the external HR consultancy on projects and initiatives associated with the HR function.
We are looking for someone who can build strong, effective working relationships and who has a commitment to inclusive working, ensuring equality and valuing diversity.
Candidates are to be be CIPD qualified to a minimum of Level 5 and have experience of working in a generalist HR environment, including experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels and in all aspects of HR and training & development.
Please review the full job description and download & complete an application form. Completed application forms should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form, to Kathryn@realityhr.co.uk. Please note: we do not accept CVs in lieu of a completed application form.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Apprentice
Salary: £10,500 per annum, increasing to £12,000 per annum after 3 months’ services
Full-time, 35 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract, approximately 15 months
Location: Hamble, Southampton
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include; free life insurance and a total annual leave package of 26 days (plus public holidays).
The RYA is committed to becoming an inclusive Association which values and supports a diverse sporting population and workforce and achieving its aim of making boating more accessible and attractive to all. The RYA is excited to announce that it is seeking an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Apprentice to work with its Safeguarding & Equality team to help implement and deliver the RYA’s Diversity strategy, which focuses on the following primary principles:
- Change Perceptions
- Change Behaviours
- Change Experiences
- Change Reality
In this role, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting and delivering Equality, Diversity & Inclusion programmes or initiatives within the RYA and across the sport.
- Assisting in the delivery of key events or training relating to the area of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Undertaking project work relating to the objectives of the RYA’s Diversity Strategy. Monitoring and reporting on their progress as required.
As the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Apprentice you will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice through PETA. Completion of this apprenticeship takes approximately 15 months, and the RYA will fully support you in achieving this.
Do you have an interest and passion for equality, diversity and inclusion? We are looking for an individual who is confident, self-starting and eager to learn. You will also have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact, proactively, with those at all levels. Good IT skills will also be essential in this role and you should have 4 GCSE’s at Grade C / 4 or above.
Please review the full job description and download & complete an application form. Completed application forms, should be returned, along with an equality monitoring form to, Lisa.Rogers@rya.org.uk Please note: we do not accept CVs in lieu of a completed application form.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!