Sport Northern Irelandofficials confirmed that the sport sector remains in step 2 currently untilfurther announcements.
The situation in NorthernIreland is summarised below:
- Groups of up to 10 who do not share a household are permitted to take part in socially distanced outdoor activity. Recent announcements regarding increased group gathering sizes does not apply to outdoor activity, which remains at 10.
- Indoor facilities are to remain closed with the exception of restricted access to small shared facilities e.g. storage area / toilet / through-ways. These are disinfected regularly with sanitation products available. Elite athletes are permitted to train indoors.
- Bars/ restaurants in Registered Clubs will now be able to open alongside the hospitality sector. The Northern Ireland Executive, at its meeting on 2 July, agreed to the restricted opening of restaurants and bars in private members' clubs on 3 July. Guidance is available on the Tourism NI website. The Chief Scientific Advisor in Northern Ireland has also advised that a register of those present is kept on the premises. This will assist in contact tracing if necessary.
- Overnight stays onboard can take place with the easing of restrictions on second homes from 26t June.
- Social Distancing - remains at 2 metres unless you use mitigating measures, which could allow a reduction to a minimum of 1 metre. The NI Executive has reiterated that 2 metres remains the optimum. RYANI has updated Step 2 Guidance with this change and considerations for smaller craft.
Chief Operating Officer of RYANorthern Ireland, Richard Honeyford, said: “RYANI welcomes an outline timetablegoing forward that includes competitive sport potentially resuming from 17July. This will have potentialrestrictions on numbers able to undertake activity at that time and facilityaccess remains a key consideration on what may be delivered.”
The Governing Body hasissued ongoing updates to clubs, training centres and engagement through itswebinar forums. Questions remain overmore specific elements and RYANI will continue to raise these with the Sports’Expert Panel and working alongside the joint watersports group. This includes matters such as changing roomaccess and guidance.
Full updated guidance and FAQs can be found on the RYANI Return to Boating webpage