Officer and Mark Layers Application Forms, please complete the Word documents below and email them to RaceOfficials@rya.org.uk
The forms for IRO, IU and IJ Recommendation by the RYA to World Sailing can also be found here
If you have any problems or questions on completing the application or other enquiries relating to race officials' qualifications please email RaceOfficials@rya.org.uk .
In order to become a World Sailing International Race Officer, the RYA must recommend the individual for the appointment. The application form to receive that recommendation is also below.
Reference & Assessment Forms
- Application Forms available upon request
- RYA Race Officer Qualification (Word version)
- National Race Officer Qualification (Word version)
- Recommendation by the RYA for IRO (Word version)
- Recommendation by the RYA for IJ (Word version)
- Recommendation by the RYA for IU (Word version)
- RYA Mark Layer Qualification (Word version)
- National Mark Layer Qualification (Word version)
- Judge Qualification (Word version)
- Umpire Qualification (Word version)
What happens next?
Following submission of your RYA Application, the expected timescale for approval is 8 weeks. If any further information is required you will be contacted by the Race Officials Team.
National Applications are approved at the Race Management Committee Meeting. These are held on a quarterly basis and the Race Officials Team will advise you of the next meeting date upon receipt of your application.
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!