Job Role: Safeguarding Administrative Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - 20,500 per annum FTE
Part Time: 21 hours per week - Fixed Term Contract of 9 months
Location: Hamble (hybrid working)
The RYA offers a range of benefits which include
- 36 days holiday including public holidays pro rata
- 10% RYA contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Free charging point for electric vehicles whilst on your working days at the office
- Free life insurance
- Discounts platform for retail, entertainment, holidays & gym membership
- Social Events
- RYA Membership
Job summary & responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Safeguarding Team in the delivery of the Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk agendas.
Your responsibilities as Safeguarding Administrative Assistant will include, but are not limited to:
- Signposting enquiries from affiliated and recognised organisations to the relevant person within the safeguarding and equality team
- Take the lead in archiving historic safeguarding cases and referrals on to the safeguarding case management software
- Uploading of paper disclosure agreements into RYA SharePoint
- Supporting the Safeguarding and Equality Senior Administrator in communicating with Club Welfare Officers and Disclosure Coordinators to keep them informed and updated
- Assistance with providing support to clubs and training centres wishing to obtain criminal record disclosure checks by sending out information packs, issuing logins and answering phone and e-mail enquiries
- Assisting the Safeguarding & Equality Team with any other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this position.
How to Apply
Please review the full job description on the RYA website and apply by sending in the application form and equality monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The RYA is committed to equality of opportunity
The RYA as an equal opportunity employer, celebrates and welcomes diversity in all its forms and believes that a diverse workforce boosts innovation, productivity and creativity.
We are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion and strive to be an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves. We would particularly encourage applications from ethnically diverse candidates who are currently underrepresented at the RYA.