The RYA provides
information on setting up Berth Holder Associations at marinas in the UK,
explaining how to get started and providing template documentation.
Associations, whereby individuals to come together to represent the interest of
marina based boat owners, can play an integral role in improving facilities and
services at marinas.
Associations have been formed at many marinas around the UK. In addition
to the important social side of their activities, many of these groups have
been successful in providing marina operators with suggestions and ideas for
improving facilities and services.
Some examples of
activities reported by Associations include:-
- Arranging better use of marina facilities, such as; more flexible
lock opening times to accommodate rallies and events, arranging group
boat-hoist events to minimise costs
- Improving marina security
- Finding solutions to “restrictive” trading issues
- Obtaining local supplier discounts for Association members
- Representing members views to local Harbour advisory groups
- Organising cruising, social events, lectures and demonstrations
Find books for your course at the RYA Shop
Our handy guide shows the books & DVDs that go with your course!