British Keelboat League
Never raced in a keelboat before? Give it a go with the British Keelboat League this summer.
All the boats are provided. You simply need to find a team to ‘rock up and race’ at venues across the UK. Perfect for club dinghy racers used to handling symmetrical kites, why not put together a team from across your club?
Upcoming events include:
- 24-25 June, Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club - a league in the region of RYA Scotland sailed in Sonars with symmetrical spinnakers on Gareloch.
- 01-02 July, WPNSA - the RYA Sailability Championship will be sailed in Elliott 6’s in Portland Harbour, organised by the RYA and the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy.
- 22-23 July, Royal Corinthian Yacht Club - sailed in Hunter 707’s with symmetrical spinnakers on the River Crouch in the RYA Eastern Region.
- 19-20 August, Rutland Sailing Club - sailed in RS 21’s with asymmetrical spinnakers on Rutland Water in the RYA Central Region.
- 09-10 September, Royal Southern Yacht Club - sailed in J70’s with asymmetrical spinnakers on Southampton Water in the RYA Southern Region, this is a women’s event.
Find out more and enter
For more experienced keelboat racers, RYA Match Racing provides a first step towards elite match racing events.
All events have windward-leeward match racing for between 8-10 teams. Taking part is easy with a rigged and ready-to-go fleet of keelboats at each location, as well as support available for those new to match racing.
Find out more about the RYA National Match Racing Championship and upcoming events this year.