Wide shot of people climbing into moored sailing dinghies

For adults, over the age of 18

You are worried and you don't know who to talk to?

If someone is in immediate danger call (999 or 112) for the police or an ambulance immediately.

If you’re feeling unhappy, worried, unsafe or concerned about the way someone is treating you or someone else, you can talk to the Welfare Officer for your club, class or training centre or at the event. The name and contact details of your Welfare Officer should be on a noticeboard or website.

Who to talk to

RYA Safeguarding Team | 02380 604297| safeguarding@rya.org.uk

We are here to help, if you are concerned about how, you or someone else is being treated, contact your Club Welfare Officer or the RYA Safeguarding Team.

NSPCC | 24 hour helpline  0808 800 5000 | help@nspcc.org.uk

If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact the NSPCC’s professional counsellors for help, advice and support.

Anne Craft Trust | 0115 951 5400 | ann-craft-trust@nottingham.ac.uk

The Anne Craft Trust give advice and training to safeguard adults and young people at risk and minimise the risk of harm.

Support Line | 01708 765200 | info@supportline.org.uk

For confidential support for those who are isolated, at risk, vulnerable, and victims of any form of abuse.

Mind | 0300 123 3393 | text: 86463 | info@mind.org.uk

Call for advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.

Samaritans | 24 hour helpline 116 123 | jo@samaritians.org.uk

Whatever you're going through, you can call the Samaritans any time, from any phone for FREE.

Police non-emergency | 24 hour helpline  101 

For situations that do not require an immediate police response.

If you or another person is in an immediate risk of harm, contact the Police (999 or 112) or your local authority’s child safeguarding team. Their details can be found on your local authority website. You will also find a list of Safeguarding Children Partnerships, Boards & Committees on the SAFEcic website.