wide shot of children wearing colourful sailing helmets while listening to an instructor

For young people, aged 18 or under

You are worried and you don't know who to talk to?

If someone is in danger, call 999 or 112, for the Police or an ambulance.

If you’re a young person and you’re feeling unhappy, worried, unsafe or concerned about the way another young person or an adult is treating you or someone else, you can talk to the Welfare Officer at your club, class or training centre or at the event.

The name and contact details of your Welfare Officer should be on your club, class or training centre’s noticeboard or website

Who to talk to

RYA Safeguarding Team | 02380 604297 | safeguarding@rya.org.uk

We are here to help, if you are unhappy about how you, or someone else, is being treated you can contact the RYA Safeguarding Team.

Childline | 24 hour helpline  0800 1111 | info@childline.org.uk

18 or under? You can talk to Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small.

NSPCC | 24 hour helpline  0808 800 5000 | help@nspcc.org.uk

If you're an adult worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC’s professional counsellors for help, advice and support.

Kidscape | Parent Advice Line  07496 682785 | parentsupport@kidscape.org.uk

Talk to Kidscape for practical advice and guidance for dealing with bullying.

CEOP's think you know

Visit for information on how to protect children and young people from online child sexual abuse.

Young Minds

Whether you want to understand more about how you're feeling and find ways to feel better, or you want to support someone who's struggling, Young Minds can help.

Police non-emergency | 24 hour helpline  101 

This is a helpline for situations that do not require an immediate police response.

If you or another child are in danger, contact the police by calling 999 or 112, or by contacting your local authority’s child safeguarding team. Their details can be found on your local authority website. You will also find a list of Safeguarding Children Partnerships, Boards & Committees on the SAFEcic website.