The SID, in common with all Non-Executive Directors, has the same general legal responsibilities to the Company as any other director. The Board as a whole is collectively responsible for promoting the success of the company by directing the Company's affairs.
In addition, the SID will:
A. Duties Relating to Members
- Be available to Members if they have concerns which contact through the normal channels of Chair or Chief Executive has failed to resolve or for which such contact is inappropriate.
B. Duties Relating to the Chair
- Act as a sounding board for the Chair and Chief Executive on Board and Member matters.
- Chair the Nominations Panel when it is considering succession to the role of Chair of the Board.
- Be a conduit, as required, for views by other Non-Executive Directors on the performance of the Chair, and carry out a formal annual evaluation with the Board (excluding the Chair) to review the Chair’s performance.
- Conduct the Chair's annual performance appraisal.
- Be the focal point for Board members for any concerns regarding the Chair, or the relationship between the Chair and the Chief Executive.
C. Duties Relating to the Board
- Act as a trusted intermediary for Non-Executive Directors where this is required to help them to challenge and contribute effectively.
- Take the initiative in discussion with the Chair or other Board members if it should seem that the Board is not functioning effectively.
To contact Christophe in relation to any of the matters outlined above, please email email@example.com